Hello everyone, I hope you and your dogs are all well. New Zealand has relatively small amount of Covid-19 cases, compared with the rest of the world but it is still here. So non of us can afford to be complacent.
If you are feeling unwell, stay home, if you have a cough, cold or flu symptoms, stay home and go visit your GP.
While Covid-19, at this stage is not believed to be a health threat to dogs, they can test positive for Covid-19, from what I have read the dogs were in households where the virus was present. Human to animal transmission. Dogs can carry it on their body, although the experts say there is a very low risk of humans contracting the covid-19 from dogs, I personally wouldn’t let anyone pat my dog but that is up to you.
Please read the enclosed link, for more detailed information Can dogs get the Coronavirus?
So to help us all stay safe, the new Dog Training Guidelines are as follows:
Same rules apply for Class and Private Training
- New Normal: You must supply your own dog’s water bowl plus water. (for your dog only, no sharing with another dog) I used to supply a bowl plus water for your dogs to drink out of, while training.
- New Normal: You must supply your own dog treats, again no sharing with another dog.
- New Normal: Don’t forget to bring your dogs lead, halter, collar etc make sure they are all in good order, as I can’t give you one to use.
- New Normal: Social Distancing, 4 meters, you may ask “why 4 meters”? Dogs can’t meet, so 2 meters distance for you and 2 meters for your dog. (covers the length of your arm and leash)
- New Normal: Bring and use your own hand sanitizer. Also gloves and masks if you choose to wear them.