Are you Quake Ready? Do you have a survival kit for your pet?
Lately we have had a few shakes around the country, so it got me thinking, how many of us are disaster ready and have survival kits for our pets. If you had to leave your home quickly, or the power or roads were out, how would you manage, what would you do? As it can be a stressful time for all, including our pets.
I have put a list together of the basic things you will need for your pets.
1. Water, make sure you have enough for a week.
2. Food, Buy some canned food or pouches and before many of you throw your hands up in horror and say “I am not feeding that”. Canned food or pouches have a higher water content, so it will reduce the amount of the water your pet will need. Don’t forget to include a can opener in your kit. Keep in mind, if you feed a total dry food diet. your pet will need more water.
3.Proof of ownership and vaccinations, ID Tags, papers etc
4. Leads/collars and some form of portable containment
6. Medications, if your pet is on any medication, make sure you have enough, so stock up.
7. Contact list, boarding kennels, friends, vets, etc
8. Toys, blankets, anything that keeps your pet happy.
9. You should have bowls for food and water but it may pay to buy some portable bowls.
Of course this is just a basic essential kit list but you may want to add more to your own pets survival kit.