Below is a very interesting article on the dangers of rawhide chews. I used to give my dogs rawhide chews years ago but stopped because, when the chews became soft and pliable, bits of the chew broke off and were either swallowed whole or got caught in the back of their throat and caused them to choke. Its no fun trying to pull a large piece of rawhide out of a Bullmastiff’s mouth.
How can one of the most popular chew sticks on the planet be so dangerous for your pets, you ask? I mean, most dogs chew on rawhide for hours on end, and not only does it keep them busy, but they seem to last forever. Well if you understood what it took to make this… Continue Reading